Cookies or JAVA applets may be used on the State Government’s website. These functions can be deactivated by adjusting the user's browser settings.
Whenever an internet file is called up, the following access data is recorded by the Hessian Centre for Data Processing (HZD) allowing the employees of the State Administration or the HZD to carry out statistical evaluations:
- The page on which the file was called up,
- The name of the called-up file,
- The date and time of an information request,
- The transmitted data volume,
- The access status (file(s) transmitted, file(s) not found, etc.),
- The access type (GET, POST),
- The description of the web browser or operating system used,
- The anonymized IP address of the requesting computer,
- The session ID,
To investigate unauthorized access or prevent misuse of this website, the complete IP address of the requesting computer is saved and will be automatically deleted seven days after completion of that access.
- Use of a contact form
- Sending a link for an article (“send as an email”)
Users may use an electronic form to transmit a link to an article on the websites, possibly with an added personal message to a third person, to make this person aware of the article. User data, such as name, email address of the user, email address of the recipients as well as the title and link of the article, will be saved at the HZD to investigate any unauthorized use and prevent misuse. These data shall be deleted seven days after completion of the access.
- Transmission of data to a social network („Recommend“ buttons)
Within their social network profiles, users can recommend the contents of a website by clicking a button. Thereby, user data, e.g. the IP address, will also be transmitted to the social network, however, only after the user has given his or her prior express consent when activating this function. Thereafter, and without further notice, data will be transmitted to the social network with each further use of the website.
No data is stored with the website operator.
This function can be deactivated by the user at any time in order to prevent any further transmission of data.
General information on data protection is available on the website of the Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection: www.datenschutz.hessen.de. N.B.: These pages are only available in German.